Thursday, October 3, 2013

Caridad - a daughter of Grace



May 19, 2013 -  I consider this day as a day, full of gift and grace.

It a day we celebrate the birthday of the church - the "beginning anew in faith" setting again our hearts afire. My cousin and I decided to celebrate Pentecost sunday at St. Padre Pio center in Libis, QC. We planned to meet there before the mass, and since I arrived few minutes before the mass began we were seated separately. We decided to meet at a Jollibee outside the church after the mass.  We only had a quick chat, because she had to attend a birthday party. I requested if I could join her. But she insisted, it is a family affair. Shortly after she left, a nun joined me for lunch.

She is Sis Caridad, of the Augustinian sisters all the way from Bicol. She is also an ilongga like me and a Padre Pio devotee. She had few days in Manila for her eye check-up, and part of her routine in her visit is to celebrate mass at St. Padre Pio center.We shared what we do.

She smiled and asked me, "What did you pray for?"(since St. Pio Center is a place of prayer and many people visit the place and leave prayer petitions)
I told her,  "I prayed for myself and my friends today."
She replied, "Our prayer should always be simple."'

'Lord, I know 
you already know what I need 
before I come to you. 
I pray for what is best.
According to you alone.' 

Because sometimes, when we pray, we become dictator instead of a listener.  We dictate God what He should do, or what He should give us, even if sometimes for Him, it is not the best for us. I bet she emphasized the words again. 'Lord, please give me the best, according to you.'

"Sometimes, we pray more for material things, and things that manifest in us physically. God grants those, IF its best. :)" she continued "Always remember never to put any attachment to anything or anyone. So that when it has to go, it has to go. We should always be dependent on His grace."

She told me."I can see in you that you enjoy whatever you are doing. We serve in response to God's grace.  It is always fortunate when you discover the gift of mission." (I shared to her what we do in Prayer and Life Workshops (PLW), stories and the vision of our founder) "God bless you and Fr. Ignacio Larannaga"

Before we parted, I asked for prayers for a dear friend, who was at that time in PGH.
She held my hand and said, "Simply asking for prayers for someone is not an ordinary thing. It is also a mission. Asking for grace. Transform a heart for Christ.  Everything we do, we encounter, we experience has a purpose, like this meeting and having Padre Pio as a spiritual friend."

We went back together to St. Pio Center to spend enjoy moments of prayer and silence.  I thanked God for that special opportunity to hear words from a humble daughter of Grace.  It was indeed a special day.

I always get excited because in my own belief,the Holy Spirit and the church has a special gift for everyone. I received the gift of GRACE, HUMILITY IN PRAYER, AFFIRMATION OF WHAT I DO, A SPECIAL BLESSING and A FRIEND. =)

2 comments:

  1. equally blessed by this blog... excited for God's grand mission in my life next year. praying for you and with you and all the other PLW Guides :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ems! Excited for you too and your personal mission!
      God bless you! huggs!

      Delete