Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TELL ME, HOW CAN I NOT LOVE?


Dear God, I thank you for loving me.

You loved me even though the one person I love is myself...

I was selfish, you you told me I love you.
I pretend to care for others and their needs,
but only to show that 'I am kind and generous.'
When in fact, i'm not. I only care about myself.

Yet you cared for me, like there's no other person in the world
 but You and me.
You gave me all that I need, You protected me from all dangers, embraced me in my loneliness, comforted my in my sorrow and pain.
YOU LOVED ME.

I go out to the world trying to be good,
But I cannot help myself getting angry at times,
 judge people, or even hurt a friend.
But You my Lord, never stopped greeting me with wonderful sunshine each day, or sending me smiles through friends and strangers.
You never stopped being a friend. YOU LOVED ME, despite of my being me.

I am proud and conceited, all I care is to
 hear people, 'You are great! You did well!'
And often forget that everything I am comes from You.
But still, You were never boastful and offended or demanded from me, 'Praise me! Thank me! Give glory to me, for I am your Creator.'
You were silent and proud of who I am. YOU LOVED ME.

I tell the world, ' I AM A FRIEND OF JESUS CHRIST!' But the truth, is I don't truly know You or could even walk straight with You on the path of righteousness. I just liked being attached to you.
 It is an honor.... a prestige... a title...

Honestly, I only want to experience happiness, those happy promises. Of feeling good being with You and other people.  I couldnt truly care for other people or even pray for them sincerely. To love others like You do. To suffer for them and with them, embrace pain because of love.

Yet, You never fail being a friend, You loved me despite of being me. You never let go of my hand. And never fail to whisper, I LOVE YOU.

I am impatient, never gentle, I am demanding. 
But You? ...You waited patiently for me. 
You never stopped being gentle and kind.

I couldnt stand enough to listen to long sighs of a friend, to listen intently with all ears and heart...Yet You? ...You would be happy or excited enough to hear about everything I have to say. YOU LOVED ME.

I shouted at You, 'I am a sinner! How can you even love me!!!'
You replied, ' You are my beloved child. Nothing can separate me from you. You are precious to me. And I LOVE YOU.'

At times, I felt ashamed of You. Ashamed to proclaim your love to my friends. To preach about how you loved me, that they may be able to allow themselves to be thoroughly loved by You.

But You never hid your face, or turned your back on me. You sit patiently at my side. Simply smiled, ' I will never leave you. You are my greatest friend.'

I serve others, I sometimes fool myself of being busy for you of doing everything for you. Yet , it seems at times I am not pleasing you. But You, you never demanded anything. You simply looked into my eyes and told me, 'ALL I EVER WANTED IS TO BE WITH YOU...'

I hurt you...
I can't seem to please you...
I abandon prayer at times...
I get mad at You!
I simply cannot forgive, like you can...
I often fail You....
I feel guilty...

Yet YOU NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN ME. NEVER STOPPED LOVING ME...

Of all these things of being me, inspite and despite of being just me. YOU LOVED ME..fully.

Tell me, HOW CAN I NOT LOVE?

HOW CAN I NOT HELP BUT LOVE?

HOW CAN I NOT HELP BUT SHARE ABOUT YOUR LOVE?


Friend, We love because God loved us first. (1John4:19) We cannot truly love, unless we experience how much God loved us personally. I am still moved to tears, upon writing this or even reading this over and over. Because, it is a reminder of His so much love for me, also for you. You can stay listening or read all day, hear about God's love. Know about God's love. But let me ask you, How did God loved you in your life personally? Look at yourself, look at your life. How did he loved you today? Enjoy listing about God's abundant love.

God bless you and know that everyday He gives us something to smile about each day. ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment