Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dare to sing and strum



So we are to use our different gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us. - Romans 12:6


One of my to do list this year is to learn to play a musical instrument: Guitar.


I love singing, but singing with accompaniment is way better! Noon, uso pa ang minus-one. Now?not much. And people prefer live acoustic performances. I am a fan of acoustic versions of songs i love listening to, a super fan of Boyce Avenue and Princess..including some friends really inspired me to learn to play guitar.

Last summer 2013, my officemate Love offered to have summer guitar lessons for the youth in their church and invited us to join. From parts of the guitar to basic chords, strumming pattern. and finally, having a recital with other fellow future musicians.hahaha!

Lakas Angkan Ministries' summer music lessons graduates

I played Just Give Me a reason by pink, although it wasn't perfect. It was my best performance so far being a newbie, having few sessions on basic guitar. Although mom told me, wala lang sa tono ang guitar. My friends told me, ok a. pagkakanta! (hey, its a GUITAR RECITAL). But it's fair enough to be honest to have a reasons of many things to improve. 

 teacher Patrick always reminds us, in guitar, there's no secret but Keep practicing!As bro. Bo also reminded every talented, for every skill allow 10,000 hours to perfection! 

Tips for learning guitar:LISTEN well...decide the beat..you may sing with every touch of string...take a lot of patience (extra! extra!) and practice! and of course, humugot ng inspirasyon sa mga nagigitara (both baguhan at magaling)..and of course- consult Youtube for video tutorials. ;)

 Its never too late to start to learn to play a guitar...Thanks to teacher Patrick, Gelo, love,mae ann, brielle, friends and other classmates.

soooon...to create a song with a melody :)

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment